The NOCTURN is the second event of the Festival and always a big highlight of the week.
Riders will tackle the streets of Girona´s incredible medieval old town – cobbles, and all! The circuit is 1.5km and contestants will have 1 hour to produce their 5 best laps.
There will be an overall winner of ´fastest lap´, as well as the ´best 5 lap average´for male and female. Riders will only be timed on one section of the course, up the cobbled climb alongside Girona´s beautiful Cathedral.
Tactical, exhilarating and incredibly unique…this event is not one to miss – for participants and also spectators!
Concluding the event excitement, riders can sit back and enjoy the post event party in the Festival Village, alongside the podium presentation for our category winners. BBQ, burgers and beers if you wish – it’s the perfect way to kick back with fellow festival goers and unwind, post event.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- The start and finish are at the Festival Village.
- Two classifications for male and female: fastest lap and fastest average.
- You can do as many laps as you wish in the lapse of 1 hour, but only the average of your best 5 laps will count for the classification.
- We are NOT allowed to ‘race’ in the old town due to security reasons. Please respect the rules and only ride at speed in the timed section.
- The use of bike lights is mandatory.
- The use or aero-bars is prohibited.
How to get there…?